I know, I know. I will admit that I have a problem. But I’ve had this website design for, like, months now. It’s time for a change!*
I already have a lot of ideas about what I want to change in terms of look and usability, but I’ll admit that I’m still struggling with content. I currently have:
– Information on my books (covers, synopses, reviews, etc.)
– List of other publications (short stories, essays, podcasts, etc.)
– Blog (probably not going to change — it is what it is)
– Info on me (currently three brief paragraphs)
– Contact info (and links to RSS, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
In terms of website content:
- What do you look for when you visit the website of an author you don’t know?
I don’t know if there’s interest in more personal photos or more info on my martial arts stuff. I think that’s the sort of thing I look for when I visit other authors’ sites — all the personal details that separate the author from everyone else — but I feel kind of dopey when I try to add that stuff to my own site.
Not looking for any in-depth analysis here, so feel free to jot off whatever thoughts occur to you.
* Why, yes, I am on deadline for my next novel. Pure coincidence, I assure you.