Jenn Reese writes science fiction and fantasy adventure stories for readers of all ages. Her first novel, Jade Tiger, is an action-adventure kung fu romance for adults. She’s currently at work on a middle-grade adventure series for Candlewick Press. Book one, Above World, is a Norton Award finalist, and book two, Mirage, was just released in March. Jenn lives in Los Angeles where she studies martial arts, plays video games, and dreams of rain.
|Agent:||Joe Monti, Barry Goldblatt Literary|
|Publicist:||Erika Denn, Candlewick Press|
|Address:||Jenn Reese, PO Box 571862, Tarzana, CA 91357|
More About Me
- Other Writing (Stories, poems, and articles)
- Voice Acting (I lend my voice to animated characters.)
- Tiger Bright Studios (My book cover design business.)
- Martial Arts (I pay to collect bruises.)
- Gaming (I play strategy, video, and role-playing games.)
Useless Facts About Me
- I love all animals, but choose to live with cats. My boys are Cairo, Oslo, and Finley.
- I love musicals. I love them so much that I’m almost illiterate when it comes to other forms of music. Want to know a lyric from Evita? I’m your woman. Want to know who Green Day is (did I even get that right?), you should ask elsewhere.
- I have scoliosis and wore a back brace in high school. I called it “My Plastic Pal Who’s Fun To Be With” after Marvin the android from The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
- I went to college at Cornell where I studied English and Archaeology, with an emphasis on Medieval Studies. (Apparently I never wanted to get a job.) I am in love with Beowulf and can say a few lines in Old English… poorly.
- (Yes, the archaeology part was because of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Yes, I had a fedora.)
- For my archaeology field study, I spent a month in a bog in Ireland, where I learned how to: wield a machete, fend off cows, ignore the smell of goose poop, pluck slugs off my wetsuit, take 30-second showers, and use a theodolite.
- I was president of the gaming club in college. I competed at gaming tournaments on a regular basis and ran our club’s gaming convention my senior year. (On an unrelated note: I attended very few parties in college that did not involve my D&D group.)
- The word “Irregardless” is my biggest pet peeve. I once got so angry that I used it myself.
- I name everything — my cars, my computers, and most of my tech devices. Sample names include: Stormbringer, Shadowfax, Fortress of Solitude, Pigwidgeon, Red XIII, Totoro, Nenya, Serenity, Cerebro, Orac, and Day Dream.
- When I was little, I wanted to be an artist. Then in 8th grade, I read an article about quarks and wanted to be a particle physicist. I used to tell people that I’d work at CERN some day. (Oops.)
Got a specific question? Ask me!