Ebook Cover Design: Tiger Bright Studios

I’ve discovered an intense love for designing book covers. Ebook covers, to be precise. And some of my awesome friends have convinced me to start offering these services to other people. So today I’m introducing:

(I might continue to tweak the logo a bit, but that’s it for now. In one variation. This week.)

The website includes a portfolio of covers for short stories by Tobias S. Buckell, Christoper East, Sarah Prineas, Tim Pratt, and Greg van Eekhout. (And two of mine, too.) Not all of those stories have been released yet, but they will be soon.

As always, feedback — on the covers, the website, or the content — is welcome.

Comments

David Moles 7 years ago .

Classy!

Jenn Reese 7 years ago .

Thanks!! And not a word normally associated with me, so it's especially fun. :-D

Philip Brewer 7 years ago .

I'd be interested in hearing about the design process for a few of the covers you've done, as examples of how you work—where you found the art, the thought process that went into cropping it that way, a few words about why you went with those texts, fonts, colors, etc.

Jenn Reese 7 years ago .

Hi Philip,

That's a great idea. I'll definitely try to write some of the designs up that way. Thanks!

Sally Felt 7 years ago .

Oh, yay! WHat a great match of passion, talent and market need. What a great idea!

(What a cool logo!)

Congratulations and much success!

Jenn Reese 7 years ago .

Thank you so much, Sally!!!

hmmm… 7 years ago .

Your portfolio so far definitely has a “look” to it. Is that good or bad? I don’t know the answer. If it’s good to develop a visual brand identity, then I think you’re definitely doing that. Is it good for someone in the know to look at the book cover and be able to identify a “Jenn Reese” cover? I don’t know the answer but I feel that so far you’ve definitely got a “look” going.

Jenn Reese 7 years ago .

I'm not too worried about this yet, since I've had so few clients and have done all the covers in a short time. If it still looks this way after six months, then I'll start to worry. :)

Comments are closed.