Cupcake Happy Hour

A new establishment just opened a mere block from my house: Diana Sproveri: designer bake shop. This spells my doom. (My tasty, tasty doom.)

On Thursdays from 5-9pm, the bake shop has Cupcake Happy Hour. (I know, right?) As a reward for making a deadline last week, I walked over to check the place out.

From Food and Drink

It’s a small, bright studio designed to highlight its cupcake masterpieces. There were so many wonderfully elegant offerings, that I immediately knew I was in trouble.

From Food and Drink

Ultimately, I settled on four cupcakes:

Charlie Brown: rich pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese icing and nutmeg
Yvette: lemon and lavender Madagascar bourbon vanilla cupcake with lemon curd, lemon-zested icing and lemon sugar
Craft: Valrhona chocolate cupcake with caramel sauce, whipped ganache and sea salt
Red Carpet: buttermilk red velvet cake with cream cheese icing

From Food and Drink

I’d be hard pressed to choose a favorite among these because all were excellent…and because the other treats I brought home from the shop blew me away completely. I’m talking about “Lollibakes.”

From Food and Drink

These dense little treats-on-a-stick were so delicious, I found myself making appreciative noises with each heavenly bite. I had gotten three: Pumpkin Spice, Mexican Hot Chocolate, and Cookie Dough, although I had foolishly promised the third to Chris. (I will not make that mistake again.) In case I’m not making this clear:

You must try the Lollibakes!

And please, visit Diana Sproveri if you can. It’s a great shop and I want it to stick around for a long time. I didn’t realize that living a block from a place that holds Cupcake Happy Hour was a life-long dream, but now I realize that it is.

Comments

Jon 6 years ago .

Mmm, tasty doom indeed!

Jenn Reese 6 years ago .

I'm wondering how many people will even notice the cat, given the tasty distractions in the photos…

Erin 6 years ago .

Ha! I didn't notice the cat until you said that, and I had to go back to see. Nooo kitteh!

I'm in love with the idea of lollibakes! Everything's supposed to be better on a stick, right?

Steph Burgis 6 years ago .

OMG. From that very first photo of the Charlie Browns, I was salivating…and if you saw the cupcake options around here, you would know just HOW big my eyes got as your entry continued!

Soooooooo jealous, and so happy you've found this place! PLEASE keep posting photos for my vicarious delight. :)

Jenn Reese 6 years ago .

I doubt shipping cupcakes to Wales would result in tasty cupcakes, but I'll keep my eyes open for alternatives!

Did you see the bonus cat picture in the last shot?? :-D

Christine Ashworth 6 years ago .

So. Yes. December 2nd. Since next thursday is Thanksgiving I suspect they will be closed. So instead, you and I will go on December 2nd. Okay? Okay!

Jenn Reese 6 years ago .

Okay!!

Sally Felt 6 years ago .

Thanks for the report on last week's shenanigans. Now what have you got planned for happy hour TODAY?

Jenn Reese 6 years ago .

I'm waiting for today's cupcake and lollibake flavors to be announced on Twitter. Then I will decide *how many* I need when I walk over tonight. :-D

Tinfoil Magnolia 6 years ago .

That cat is gonna get your cupcake!!!! These all look so tasty. Lucky you.

Jenn Reese 6 years ago .

Yes, I could barely keep the cat away — that's just how good those cupcakes were! :-D

SarahCupcakeater 6 years ago .

Oh my gawwwd. I need a "Craft" right now. Sounds soooo nrm.

Name (Required) 6 years ago .

The Craft was delicious! I've never had sea salt on my cupcakes before, but it was really interesting — especially those big sea salt chunks. The caramel was all gooey and awesome, my favorite part.

(Also — feel free to comment on LJ or on WordPress or both! Whichever is easier at the moment you feel like commenting.)

lingtm 6 years ago .

@jennreese hopefully you will be free around the 28th. I believe that is when I will be there.

lingtm 6 years ago .

@jennreese lemme double-check tomorrow about the may date!

jennreese 6 years ago .

@lingtm That sounds dangerously close to Wiscon. Not 100% sure I was going to make it there, but it's always tentatively on the docket.

Comments are closed.