I’ve been eating way too much lately. I was so happy to be able to eat solid food again that I totally overdid it. I’m outta control! So today, I focused on the little battles. Look at all the skirmishes I won:
- Half bowl of cereal instead of overflowing bowl of cereal. (I love big bowls, and I cannot lie.)
- Soup and banana for lunch instead of fast food
- Water at work instead of soda (I never used to drink soda. Damn you, Free-Sodas-At-Work!)
- The remaining piece of lemon bundt cake still remains
- Didn’t buy the candy bar at the store, even though I picked it up and psychically ate it
- Didn’t buy a Frostie on the way home
- Didn’t buy a chocolate shake on the way home
- Didn’t buy a Slurpee on the way home
- Didn’t eat the greasy tortilla chips that came with my healthy fish taco
I still have to make it through another few hours before I can call today a victory. My chocolate stomach is empty and growling. I don’t know if I can ignore it, or if I’m going to have to appease it somehow. Sadly, I’m out of willpower reinforcements. It’s gonna be a long night.
Did you win any tiny battles today?
Comments are closed.